March 14, 2016

WATER TEST DILEMMA STILL PERISISTS

I'm still doing my daily water tests but my nitrites don't seem to change. All other tests have clearly passed. I know it was my fault by over-feeding that cause my nitrites to rocket. The entire past week I have been only feeding once a day in the mornings. Yesterday one of my little purple/yellow tails was eaten and they are a good 1.5" I don't think I'm over feeding them. I'm going to lower my temperature a little to calm them down. I've never lost a fish to that before. Injuries on occasion but it's been months since I've lost a Cichlid. I'm sad about it.

I'll continue with the water changes this week and keep testing but by the weekend I'll be moving this community into their new home. I'll feel so much better when they finally get there. I'm really excited about designing the aquascape. I have ideas and more room to play with as well. Looking forward to my substrate coming in. Once it's here I can start. Just waiting impatiently...