March 21, 2016

MY LITTLE WIGGLERS

Today I was trying to figure out what I was going to do to free up a tank. I needed to put a Cichlid in isolation. In my small 10 gallon tank I had a mom brooding. To free up the tank I decided I'd strip her and return her to the community tank freeing up her tank. I already have 3 tanks of fry so stripping her I put her fry in a floating nursery box. They'll stay there for a good couple weeks before they can join in the youngest fry tank which are also M. Auratus fry.

She's a Golden Cichlid. She's held before and had 17 fry. This time I stripped her of 30. They are just little wigglers right now. In fact there are 3-5 eggs that haven't hatched yet. I'll give them another day or so but I'll remove them if they don't hatch soon. I saw one hatch today so I'm hoping the others will also. 


No comments: