March 9, 2016

DAILY OBSERVATIONS - WATER TEST ISSUES

I was up earlier than normal this morning because I was worrying about my Cichlids. Yesterday their water test failed in two areas. Ammonia and Nitrite. I did what I could to bring those levels down and will now do a water change again but I am thankful to say all my Cichlids look good. Just like worrying about your dang kids... thought I was passed that.

After the water change I added Safe by Seachem to the water. It's a great product that removes chlorine, chloramine and ammonia. It also detoxifies Nitrite and Nitrates. I re-tested the water and already the levels are going down. I'll repeat the process tomorrow and probably for a few more days - at least until all my test are within acceptable parameters.

As for my other tanks, everything thing looks good. The fry and growing and their water tested perfect. My brooding mom is doing great and finally facing the fact that her fry are too big for her mouth. She still trys to pick them up but she can't get them all in. I plan on getting a couple more fish to add to my South American Cichlid tank. Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend.