March 12, 2016

NEW TANK + NEW STAND

The 60 gallon tank holding my African Malawi Cichlid community has been driving me crazy with all the scratches across the front glass. I see them every time I look at the Cichlids. I finally went out and bought me a replacement tank. This new tank is 75 gallons.

I was trying to decide what type of stand I would use for it. I gathered some great advice and suggestion from a Cichlid Forum. I can't say enough of how wonderful, kind and helpful the aquarists and Cichlid Fan community is giving me great suggestions and solid advice through their years of experience and willingness to share their knowledge to anyone who asks. I thank you my friends out there.

So back to my stand... We decided on building our own to ensure we are satisfied in it's strength holding such an enormous weight. Today my hubby built the stand for my tank. It's not quite finished with the cosmetics but the structure is made and is solid and will meet my needs perfectly. The top will be a 3/4" sheet of plywood. Hubby plans on closing it in and making doors from tongue and groove pine board. It's going to not only be strong by nice looking as well.

I have more pool filter silica sand ordered. I'm hoping it will be in on Tuesday but I may have to wait until Friday. I'm excited to get everything set up and have the fish moved over. Just waiting for sand now...