April 27, 2016

HAPPY DAY - WATER TEST GOOD

It's been over a week of testing my water parameters and doing water changes every other day. Funny how it seems like so much work but when it's for something you love - it's really a labor of love and ya just don't mind at all.

Today my granddaughter Eva was here. We did water changes together. She was quite inquisitive asking why this and why that.. like a typical 3 yr old. I felt good. I could see more spark in my community tank. The fish were just happier. I knew I had succeeded in overcoming the ammonia battle.

I was out most of the day doing things with Eva after all the work we did with the fish tanks. Then I took her home to daddy and I ran up to Al's to check on my fish ha! Silly girl. I was happy to see there were only 2 left of the 8 I took in. While I was there I purchased a few things - nope not 1 cichlid either. I also bought another Canister Filter system. As soon as I got home I popped lasagne in the oven and hooked up my new canister. Yikes I'm busting with happiness!!

After eating supper I did my water tests and they were as close to perfect that I have had in a couple weeks. I'm thrilled! They aren't quite perfect but dang near and for me it's time to celebrate. I'll do water changes every other day until Monday and then I think I'll be okay. One Happy CANADIAN Girl!!


No comments: