April 7, 2016

55 gl - JUVENILE AFRICAN CICHLID COMMUNITY



I was trying to decide what I was going to do with my 55 gallon aquarium. I had American Cichlids in there but I knew they would eventually get too big and I would be forced to get them a bigger tank which I really don't have any room for. I gave them to someone who I know will have the room for them as they grow.

That left me with an empty aquarium and lots of possibilities. I was trying to decide getting great suggestions from friends but I had a great idea. I have lots of fry, holding moms, grow-out tanks and brooding tanks but once the Cichlids pass the fry stage and become juveniles I really didn't have a place for them to go before joining my adult community. This was the perfect solution.

My plan is, when my juveniles get big enough they will join my adult community. If I find I have too many, then I will begin selling off some of my adult Cichlids. I sell most of my fry and only keep a few of each species. I love to watch them grown and come into their colours as adults.

No comments: