May 10, 2016

WHEELIN' AND DEALIN'

Today I got myself 2 more fish tanks. One is 30x12x20 (30gl) and the other is 36x12x20 (40gl). They are used but look to be in decent shape. The seals look really good and haven't been resealed or tampered with so I'm optimistic. In return I traded 23 fry. 13 Red Top Zebras, 6 Yellow Labs and 4 OB Peacocks. Funny thing is, with these two new tanks I would have had room to keep them ha!

I was up early getting the fish caught and ready to go. I kept them in a 5gl pail with a sponge filter running while I got the newly empty tank ready for the fry that I was moving in. I did a water change and vacuumed and fixed it up. The fry that are moving over are only .5" but I need my 10gl empty for another holding female in my community tank. The easiest way to move little ones like that is simply to vacuum them up. It's quick and easy. I put the fry into their new digs. Of course they are a little intimidated with the size of their new
home. However, it didn't take them long before they were looking quite at home.




The fish trader guy got here right on time and we had a good fish chat as we got the tanks unloaded and fish ready to go. It's always fun to meet people who share your passion. I enjoyed our chat and may call him again as he still has a few tanks sitting around.


No comments: