May 30, 2016

DAILY OBSERVATIONS

I have had lots to observe this past week in My Little Fish Room. I have 3 moms holding, sick fry and fry I need to sell to make room for more moms.

I have lots of fry. I have Dragon bloods, Auratus, Yellow Labs, Albino Red Zebras, Red Top Zebras and a few dolphins. My youngest group are the Auratus and Dragon blood fry. They are only 2 weeks old and now have Ich! My week is not going so good.

I have 2 moms in MLFR holding and one recuperating after having her brood. One mom is another Yellow Lab and the other is a Elongatus Mpanga. The Yellow Lab lost or ate or spit her eggs/fry because this morning I'm looking at her and she isn't holding anymore. I caught her and checked.. she spit the last egg out at me! So much for her brood. I put her back into the community. My Elongatus is doing amazingly well considering it's her first brood. I hope that she continues. I will be letting her spit on her own. I only have one more holding female that is in the community so I have the room.

And so the world turns in the life of a Cichlid aquarist.....

No comments: