February 29, 2016

0-60 in 24 ...HOURS

I was beat by the end of the day yesterday. I got everything done.

- Cleaned the old dirty tank 
- Painted the back of it a nice flat black 
- Set my decor
- Added my substrate
- Tossed in some rocks I picked up along the road 
- Stuck few plants in for colour 
- Set up my filter and got it going
- Installed the heater and fired it up
- Ran my bubbler across the back of the tank
- Stuck my scrubbie brush to the glass 
- Dropped my floating thermometer in

And presto! All ready for fish... Just have to wait for the temperature to rise. That was what I got done yesterday from about 8am until 8pm. It was time to get into jammies, sit and relax and watch TWD!

Here's a video of my progress..




I let the tank to acclimate over night. This morning I ran all my water tests and was very happy with everything. I moved the fish in by noon and now I'm working on moving my American Cichlids into my now empty 55 gallon tank.