February 27, 2016

DAILY OBSERVATIONS

This morning I was so shocked to find a dead Oscar in my 40 gallon tank. I've had this Oscar for quite a while and have never noticed any malady, injuries or anything that would lead me to believe he was anything but healthy. Well, this morning I found him upside down and stiff. He didn't look very good at all. I've never had a "no-warning" death like that. Usually there's some indication by either bite marks, missing scales or something that warns me but not this time. Really sad morning for me.

I feel like I jinxed myself. Just the other day I was watching my South American Cichlids and thinking how lovely the tank was and how peaceful the Cichlids were. I made a video of my lovely peaceful tank showing off how they get along and look so happy. Now this has happened. Yup Jinxed!!