February 17, 2016

DAILY OBSERVATIONS

After feeding and checking on my tanks I planned to add the two little homes I built yesterday. They were set aside for about 12 hours to cure, then they sat immersed in water for another few hours to remove anything I don't want in my tank.

Before I could add them I had to re-arrange my rocks to make room for them. That's a time consuming job just making sure they are solid and won't tumble down. Meanwhile the Cichlids are all over the place like curious little children.

I sat having my coffee watching to see which Cichlid would be the first to check out the new dwellings. They were all over them in an instant - curiosity in high gear. Of course my sweet Stella would be the first. She's never let me down yet. I actually thought she was a little too big for the opening but she wiggled her way in. She puttered around in there, every so often poking her head out. I think she really likes it. Once Stella had shown everyone the door many more inspected the new home.

The smaller one has drawn attention too but as yet I haven't seen anyone enter. It's a smaller pot but the opening is the same size. Because is't smaller I set it on a rock foundation and they pushed substrate up against the base. They do look pretty cute which gives me all kinds of ideas.