February 8, 2016

STELLA - WEEK 4

Stella is displaying some aggression when I touch the tank with my finger. She lunges at the glass. Her coloring is more pronounced as well. I believe she's doing just fine. Her home is perfect, cozy and private. I'm looking forward to her letting the little ones out to eat soon.

Stella is doing great and so are her fry. She does release them for periods of time and is actually leaving them out for a bit while I watch. She still sucks them back into her mouth off and on during the day. They are growing quickly so it won't be much longer that they will fit into her mouth. As it is her face looks like it's going to explode.

Today I will separate her from her fry. She bred on January 16 and in the brooding tank for 24 days. It's time to let her recuperate. I figure after a week she should be ready to return to the community tank. I'm sure Bubba is looking forward to her return.