June 2, 2016

DAILY OBSERVATIONS

This is the beginning of a new month and hopefully a good one. I'm so happy to report my Ichy fry are no longer spotted. I still have a couple days to go but I believe my Ich problem is in the past. The only benefit this has given me is the
experience and knowledge I now have and will be able to help others on a personal level as I gone through it. For the fish they benefit (if they survive) because having had Ich they will have built up immunities and will not suffer this nasty parasite again.

In MLFR I had 2 moms holding. That is now down to one. The Yellow Lab who had her mouth so full she could barely close it - lost all her eggs. I assume she ate them. I caught her to check and make sure and she spit the last egg at me. My Yellow Labs have not been good in following through with their brood. I have a brood of Yellow Labs right now but from 4 females only one managed to deliver for me.

I still have two other females holding. One is an Elongatus Mpanga. I'm very excited about her brood. This is her first and she's very young so I am guessing she will have 10 at the most. Her male is very handsome and they should have beautiful fry. The other female is also very young and she is a Red Empress. Again I don't expect her to have many as this is her first brood as well. Maybe these young ones will show up the adults.





Breeding continues to go well. All my fry tanks are full and I have some in brooder boxes as well. I'm certainly not complaining. The breeding part is amazing and I love watching my little ones grow up.







No comments: