January 26, 2016

DAILY OBSERVATIONS

I was watching my fish this morning after feeding them. I can spend hours in front of my fish tank - just watching their interaction. They like watching me as well. If I run my finger along the glass I get a whole trail of Cichlids following my finger. It's pretty cool how inquisitive they are.

As I was watching I noticed a young male making a brooding area. I sat and kept watching and before long it was evident which female he had his sights on. He was doing his shiver-shake to impress her.

Now that Bubba is single again I expected him to start breeding quickly. He's been changing his colour almost like underwear! Today I noticed him digging a new home. He's also been doing a lot of shiver-shakes but it seems he's vying for the attention of more than one female as I've seen him do the dance for a few different girls now.

I will continue to watch these boys in action... I also need to name this blue boy. I'm thinking Blue - how simple is that?