July 2, 2016

PERFORMING AFRICAN CICHLIDS

Yesterday was CANADA DAY.  Everywhere you could see red red and more red. Patriotic Canadians celebrating CANADA'S birthday. 149 years!

Our neighbour girls brought us some cookies they made as a treat. While they were here they wanted a tour of my cichlids. I began at my 55 gallon juvenile tank. They loved it and thought it was so huge! From there we moved to the 40 gallon "fish for sale" tank. Moving on to my 75 gallon community show tank they were very impressed.

Showing them how the cichlids greet me they laughed. I held my hand in the aquarium making an O with my thumb and middle fingers. My two chubby OB's love to swim through the circle of my fingers actually stopping for a rub. The girls were so surprised they never imagined fish could be this amazing. They really enjoyed the tour so far.

When I finally took them up to MLFR to show them the full stages of cichlid breeding they were most excited about the babies in the tumbler. They couldn't believe fish could be so tiny. My young fish - as young as a couple weeks already come to the front of the aquarium looking for food knowing it's coming upon seeing me.

The girls really enjoyed the tour and
asked if they can come back when the yellow moms have their babies. I told them I will call the over when they spit.

Making up treat bags for the girls they left very happy. Telling me they were looking forward to a fireworks show they were going to have as soon as dad said it's dark enough.

It was a very nice CANADA DAY!

No comments: