July 21, 2016

MY NEW LITTLE FISH ROOM UPDATE

My little fish room is pretty much all set up and ready for action. Over the weekend I moved my last grow out tank in. Hubby worked hard all weekend building my last two cabinets. I am incredibly happy with my new fish room. It's just perfect for me. I have two grow out tanks. A 20 gallon and a 40 gallon both full of growing fry. I also have 4 x10 gallon tanks all in use as well.

Last week I stripped 3 moms of their free swimming fry and one mom of her eggs. The fry are doing awesome. One brood is from a Yellow Lab who bred to my OB Zebra, my RedxRed Albino Zebra also bred to that same OB. The third mom is an Electric Blue Fryeri. All the fry are together in one tank totally just under 50 fry. The mom I stripped gave me a dozen eggs. Four of the eggs weren't fertilized leaving me with 8 viable eggs. They are wigglers now having popped their tales and heads over the weekend. Today as I was having a closer look I realized all the babies are pure white albino. I'm very excited about these little ones. I hope they stay white but in another week they will be free swimming and then I'll have a better look at them.

Yesterday I went to town and came home with an adorable little 3.4 liter cube nano tank and a beautiful Betta fish. It's the cutest addition to my fish room. I'm still working on the final touches. I am looking for some cichlids posters or I may have some of my photos printed and frame them. I also bought a couple more plants. One is hanging in front of the window and another is hanging over the fish tanks.

I spend a lot of time in my little girl cave. With my computer up there I can watch YouTube and post to my channel. I also have access to any information I may need as to any questions I may have concerning the well fare of my fish. I think my fish like the fish room too!

No comments: