July 2, 2016

MY NEW LITTLE FISH ROOM

Yup you read it right. I am re-organizing and moving my fish room down the hall to my office. I just don't have enough room in my sewing room to combine the two and have my tanks easily accessible. Hubby and I talked about it a few weeks back just as a possibility. I ran the idea by him. The office is for both of us but I'm in there blogging and YouTubing while he's mostly on his laptop in the living room.

This morning he told me he was going to build my shelving units for my "new" little fish room. I headed off to do groceries because I know he doesn't like me pestering him while he's working. My two cents aren't even worth that I guess.

When I got home hubby had one shelving unit almost built. It's awesome. The strength is crazy for my little brooding tanks but he said if someday I want another 75 in my office then I have the unit that will be strong enough if that time ever comes.


I helped carry them up stairs and put them where I want them. Hubby cut me
plywood tops that I covered with material. This week he will get the pine boards that are tongue and groove to close the units in. They are a nice height that if I decide I can add more tanks below as well. I don't have any expansion plans yet but the way my cichlids are breeding I may have to consider it.

That's my updated and as you can imagine I am over the moon excited! Hopefully I will be able to start moving a couple tanks over tomorrow.

No comments: