July 14, 2016

MY RESTRUCTURING PLAN

Today I set to work putting my restructuring plan into motion. I was at it for about 5 hours. Doing complete water changes on all three of my display tanks. I also vented each cichlid and separated the males from the females. It was a grueling task, but I loved every minute of it.

I now have my 75 gallon cichlid community an all male set up. I'm very happy with it. I moved the females out and moved my juvenile males in. I'm hoping I didn't miss a female but I will weed them out as I realize they are female. I'm pretty sure they are all male.

My 55 gallon tank is now the home to my females. They are much more relaxed and I can see they have brightened up considerably. I removed sixteen females from my 75 gallon tank. That was almost half of my fish.

In my 40 gallon I now have my juveniles, I think they will do well in that tank. It's a little smaller but there are also fewer cichlids. The fish that were in  the 40 that I planned on selling are now in my LFR.

I had a busy day but I feel great. I'll have to keep an eye out for abuse or aggression toward my juvenile males but so far it's looking pretty good. It's an entire different feeling when there aren't any females in the tank. I can see that already. Now I just hope I don't find a cichlid holding in my male community. Time will tell... 

No comments: