July 21, 2016

DAILY OBSERVATIONS

First thing in the morning I go to my little fish room and check each tank. I turn the lights on and feed them watching the fish for any sign of trouble. I make sure they are all eating well, check the water temperature and generally look everything over making sure all systems are running as expected.

When I came down to check on my show tanks, I noticed I have a holding female in my juvenile tank. She's a young Red Empress and she's holding a good mouthful. When I do my water change on that tank tomorrow I will move her out. I'm not sure when I will strip her. I have had great success using my tumblers so I might just strip her tomorrow as well. She is young and doesn't need to go without food for three weeks. That would be hard on her little body.

Then checking my "all female" tank I notice I have a one holding in there as well. I knew I had missed a male and left him in that tank. Well now I reap the rewards. I have the room in my fishroom so I'll remove her tomorrow as well.

My 75 gallon all male community is doing fine. And no I didn't find a holding female in there!

No comments: